The importance of learning the times tables off by heart cannot be understated and the Stivichall ‘Knights of the Times Table’ is here to help children learn and practise them.
The quick recall of times tables facts through knowing tables OFF BY HEART …
- Gives confidence and develops self-esteem
- Enables a ‘can do’ attitude in approaching more challenging maths
- Is the building blocks for all multiplication, division, fraction, ratio and percentage work
- Is a life skill that many adults still use every day
- Can be satisfying, enjoyable and fun!
The Stivichall 'Knights of the Times Tables' was launched in 2017 and has been a great success having a big impact on pupils' rapid recall and use of facts to strengthen maths confidence and outcomes.
The parents guide and procedure documents below (click on the pictures) are useful to parents and each fortnightly quiz can be downloaded by clicking on the attachments underneath. To maintain enjoyment and engagement in learning we would still encourage pupils and their parents to practise the tables in a variety and range of ways and to use the paper tests only occasionally - please see the 'Maths' page for links to fun websites, apps and off-line ideas.