School meals are prepared on the premises and are provided by Alliance in Partnership in the school dining hall. These are free to Reception and Key Stage 1 pupils (universal free school meals) and those in receipt of benefit-related free school meals.
The charge for a paid meal is currently £2.30 per day. School meals are booked and chosen through parent pay. All meals need to be booked using this system. For children entitled to free school meals, choices will be booked but not charged and the system will confirm that no payment is to be made. Those who are required to pay need to do so within 2 hours of booking, otherwise the system will cancel the booking. Bookings for the following week must be done by the Thursday of the previous week.
If your child has any dietary needs or allergies, you must complete the dietary needs form (available from the office) which will then be sent to AIP who will then put together an individual menu for your child.
If parents prefer, children may bring a packed lunch. Lunch boxes should be secure and clearly marked with the child's name. In line with our healthy school meals, packed lunches should follow healthy eating guidelines. Drinking water is always available. We ask that all pupils bring a named water bottle into school every day.
Free School Meals Information.
From September 2014 there will be two free school meal schemes - universal infant free school meals and income related free school meals.
Universal infant free school meals
If your child attends a state funded school and is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 (key stage 1) they are entitled to free school meals regardless of your income.
Income related free school meals
Free school meals are a statutory benefit. The Government does not allow us to recognise any other benefit other than those mentioned below. If you are not sure, please get in touch with the Admissions and Benefits team using the contact information at the bottom of the page.
We urge those parents who do receive a qualifying benefit to make a formal application as this will allow the school to claim additional funding (pupil premium) for new equipment and resources.
Free school meals are available to children of families who are in receipt of:
- income Support
- income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- an income-related employment and support allowance
- support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Universal Credit (UC)
- Until 1 April 2018, all UC claims were eligible for free school meals, however,
- From 1 April 2018, UC claims will only be eligible for free school meals if the total net earned income is under £7,400 per year OR if the child was eligible for a free school meal on 01/04/18
- Where the child was eligible for a free school meal on 01 April 2018, they will remain entitled to a free school meal regardless of any change in parental income until they finish the phase of education they are in (primary or secondary) as at 31 March 2022
- Any child who becomes eligible for a free school meal between 01 April 2018 and 31 March 2022 will remain entitled to a free school meal regardless of any change in parental income until they finish the phase of education they are in (primary or secondary) as at 31 March 2022
Parents receiving Working Tax Credit for four weeks after their employment finishes are entitled to free school meals during that period. This also applies to parents who start working less than 16 hours per week (please seek advice about this from the Benefits Agency)
Children who receive Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive Free School Meals.
In cases where children receive education who have not attained compulsory school age, there will be a conditional requirement that they receive education both before and after the lunch period, before being eligible to receive Free School Meals.
Please note: if you receive Working Tax Credit only, your child is NOT eligible.
If you require further clarification of any of the above information, please contact the Free School Meals team on 024 76 833 773 or visit the link below