Sam Oldham Olympic Gymnast visited Stivichall!
In the Spring term, Olympic medalist Sam Oldham visited us for the day. We had a truly inspirational day. Every class took part in a sponsored circuit led by Sam. Later, Sam spoke to us about how he became a gymnast and how dedicated and hard- working he has to be. We watched a video of his gold medal performance on the high bars and he amazed us with some demonstrations in our assembly. Sam hopes to compete again at the next Olympics in Tokyo. We hope everyone was inspired to follow a sport that they love and enjoy being active. 40% of the money raised will go to Sam to support him with his carer representing our country and the other 60% comes back to us. We aim to use this for either new equipment or to put on a club ran by an athlete.