PE Funding Plan 2016-2017
This year Stivichall have been allocated £10,255 for the PE premium funding. This amount is to be solely spent on developing the physical education curriculum, health and competitive sport in school. Below you will find a breakdown of what the money has been spent on since April 2016 and what the remaining money has been allocated for.
Coaches to run clubs such as ‘change4life’ and ‘commando Joe’. A contribution has been made towards additional swimming sessions.
So far we have used the money for the following-
- Enhancing our lunchtime provision with a sports coach.
- Paying for membership subscriptions in order to access local competitions - football, Sainsbury’s school games, Cricket...
- To cover PE co-ordinator to attend meetings.
- Pay for trophies, medals and stickers.
- Pay for new equipment that needs replacing or to broaden the curriculum
- Pay for cover for staff to take children to sports events.
- Pay for transport to and from sports events. • Delivery of ‘Fit4Life’ sessions in year 6.
- Future plans until March 2017- the remainder of this year’s funding has been allocated to continue with the above provision with the addition of further swimming top up sessions for those children in year 6 that have not met the expected 25 metres.
In the new funding year from March 2017-April 2018 the following things will be priority-
- Up skilling teachers continuous professional development.
- Specialist support for PE co-ordinator to up skill in monitoring.
- An opportunity for G&T children to gain their playmaker award and develop leadership skills to support their peers in PE lessons and at lunchtimes.